Friday, January 23, 2009

FIRST DAY OF KNOWING....................

Summer 2008, very interesting and life moving. Beginning my day I got up early to work out at Life Time Fitness Center. Making my transition back to my house I felt excitement for the new day. While entering my home and going through my mail I came across an OSU academic letter. Opening the letter and reading academic emergency really made my emotions fade. Going through and reading what the letter had applied gave me a since devastation. In some sort I knew it was coming because of my failure to meet academic requirements.

Embarrassment, disapproval, and defeat were only the few things that I felt. Being put on probation really upon my eyes, it made me step up my game. Motivation, preparation, and dedication are three attributes that I feel will get me where I need to be academically.

My college career started out with a rough beginning. Being put on academic probation made me feel discomfort but in also gave me the motivation that I needed. For future student make sure that you come into college with a good academic game plan.

6 comments:

  1. Yea i had a hard start to espessially in french. I am almost glad that i had to be put on probation because it made me want to work harder and try more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i know how u feel real talk but just stay on top of ur game and u will be iight...stay up on top of it keep ya head up ya dig

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well like they say, College life is hard for freshmen. Its hard because we dont take it serious sometimes there is no one to tell us how hard college is. In high school its all fun and games, but I've been put on academic probation too and it is a motivator because I have to work extra hard now to achieve something. Nice blog this should open a lot of peoples eyes I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. starting college was very hard for me to! it wasn't what i expected at all and i struggled to! but i'm sure you will get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well we all go through it when we are all freshman n college u got through it very well... just look at it has a new step in yo life...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a hard start too. But after I saw my first few exams, I realized I needed to get my act together and get better grades.

    ReplyDelete